sunjin

2010년 6월 11일 금요일

March 9,11 What is Reading?

Reading must be the interaction of many variables in the reading process. What kinds of reading interaction have you experienced? Think about your reading process and try to apply your thought into any interaction model introduced in this chapter.

When people read the book, they usually move from top-down process to bottom-up process. Top-down process is an eagle's eye view, so it helps to see the overall purpose of the text, or guess what the next become. But bottom-up process helps to make sure we have grasped the plain sense correctly.

In my case, I seems not to use both of them when I read the book except some cases. When I meet reading material at first, I judge that it is worth to read extensively or not. Sometimes it can make a decision through a kind of book, the reason why I read this book. In case of just for fun or novel, I use top-down process because I don't need to memorize or understand deeply. But when I have to take a exam like filling in the blank, I use bottom-up process. Sometimes I use interaction of top-down and bottom-up process, it is that I prepare description exam. The beginning scan the text and infer what author want to say by using top-down process. And then using the bottom-up process interpret syntax and vocabulary.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기